The Meaning Behind The Song: Angel on Fire by Halsey

I am listening to this song, “Angel on Fire” by Halsey, on repeat while writing this article. It’s a song that resonates with me deeply, and I believe many others can relate to its message as well. In this article, I will delve into the meaning behind the lyrics, as well as share some personal experiences that connect me to this powerful track.

Table of Contents

“Angel on Fire” is a cinematic song that takes us on a journey through Halsey’s emotions and struggles. The lyrics paint a picture of Halsey waking up to a mess in the living room, broken bottles surrounding her feet. It’s a metaphorical representation of the chaos and hardships she’s facing in her life. This line immediately sets the tone for the rest of the song, invoking a feeling of vulnerability and despair.

Halsey goes on to sing about how she used to be the center of attention, a darling starlet with the world wrapped around her finger. But as time goes on, she feels herself fading away. The chorus echoes her longing for the fire she once had inside her, the passion and drive that made her shine. Now, she stands in the ashes of who she used to be, yearning for the recognition and care she feels she has lost.

The lyrics of “Angel on Fire” also touch on the theme of anxiety. Halsey expresses that she used to party and enjoy conversations in her backyard with ease. However, her own anxiety now makes it difficult for her to engage and connect with others. Nobody seems to ask about her anymore, and nobody recognizes her in the crowd. She feels like she’s screaming for attention, but everyone looks right past her.

This song beautifully intertwines Halsey’s personal experiences with the ancient myth of Icarus from Greek mythology. Icarus flew too close to the sun, symbolizing his ambition and desire for greatness. In doing so, his wings melted, leading to his downfall. Halsey compares herself to Icarus, revealing that she, too, reached for greatness only to find herself melting away.

“Angel on Fire” appears as a bonus track on Halsey’s album “hopeless fountain kingdom (Deluxe Edition)” released in 2017. The production of the song is credited to Greg Kurstin, with Halsey and Kurstin co-writing the lyrics. The track showcases Halsey’s powerful vocals and emotive delivery, capturing the raw emotions embedded within the lyrics.

Personally, “Angel on Fire” resonates with me because it speaks to the struggles many of us face in maintaining our sense of self. It’s a reminder of the fleeting nature of fame and recognition, and the internal battles we often fight. As someone who has faced moments of feeling overlooked or forgotten, this song serves as a cathartic release of emotions.

In conclusion, “Angel on Fire” by Halsey is a poignant song that delves into the complexities of fame, anxiety, and the yearning for personal connection. Its powerful lyrics and emotive vocals make it a captivating listen for anyone who has felt the weight of their own struggles. As I continue to listen to this song, I am reminded of the strength it takes to rise from the ashes and reclaim one’s fire.

Album title: hopeless fountain kingdom (Deluxe Edition) (2017)

Credits

Produced By Greg Kurstin
Written By Halsey & Greg Kurstin
Keyboard Greg Kurstin
Drum Programmer Greg Kurstin
Mixing Engineer Șerban Ghenea & John Hanes
Publisher Universal Music Group, 17 Black Music, Kurstin Music & EMI Music Publishing Group
Phonographic Copyright ℗ Astralwerks
Copyright © Astralwerks
A&R Jeremy Vuernick
Vocals Halsey
Label Astralwerks
Other Ryan Del Vecchio
Recording Engineer Greg Kurstin, Julian Burg & Alex Pasco
Guitar Greg Kurstin
Drums Greg Kurstin
Release Date June 2, 2017

Tags

PopAlternative PopAlternative

ncG1vNJzZminnJnBqrnEpqysoZNjsLC5jrBpaKyYmnquscCnoKefXZeyqbXNnWStoJViwLC6xmaYp5%2BVoXqwuoyfoKudXZfGbrTApaqesV8%3D